Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Why I love Broadway

 

No, not that one ;-)

 

 


I love my local art house theatre, Broadway Cinema in Nottingham.

It's a chilled out, laid back kind of place, with a large cafe bar on the ground floor, a mezzanine bar on the first floor, 4 screens, plus various other meeting rooms.
They show an eclectic range of films,  including blockbusters, foreign language films and quirky independent productions.  In the past couple of weeks I've enjoyed Populaire - a French film set in the competitive world of late 1950s speed typing (I know!) and Great Gatsby - which needs no explanation. I'm planning to see Behind the Candelabra at the weekend - can't beat a bit of camp in my view!

Another reason that I spend a disproportionate amount of time at Broadway is to while away the hours in the cafe bar.  Whilst the service isn't the best I've ever experienced, the staff are friendly and the menu good value.  As a veggie there are always good things to choose. And there's free wifi.  All this adds up to a happy crazyfilmbug :-) 

However, best of all (at least for those of us who have reached our 30s), I have never had a film viewing spoiled by teenagers messing around, or by people eating food as loudly as possible whilst updating facebook. I could rant about these behaviours, but will save that pleasure for another day. Suffice it to say, watching a film at Broadway is as pleasureable an experience as it is meant to be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment